Saturday 22 July 2017

DIY Fri-day - Front entrance makeover, from sad to rad. Shoe Storage, lick of paint, chalkboard quote of the day




♥ ♥ ♥ 

So let's see the process

♥ ♥ ♥ 


As you can see the front entrance to our home was pretty sad, not exactly the warm welcome one could hope for. Paul dumps his bakers boots covered in flour right in the doorway so shoe storage is a must. Being a rental we're not permitted to paint or replace carpet


The Boat shelf got a paint - I've got a few projects on the go, all will be revealed in the fullness of time.


I left the outside wood green, think it goes well with the overall color scheme.


I did this sketch with white gel pen on butchers paper and inserted it into a cheap white frame. I love the contrast of the brown paper and the white.

For shoe storage I bought a small bamboo shoe rack from Kmart. Similar options can be found in all good home ware stores.



Also from Kmart: this terrarium (I'm using as a vase) with white pearly stones and this cute chalkboard.



Painted this canvas years ago - it is inspired by wallpaper and was painted around the same time as the inserts for my shoedrobe:




How did I do? Home decor is a constantly evolving process (as is my wardrobe)
I would like to maybe buy a rug next but I'm not too worried as it's not somewhere we spend any time.

What should the next quote be?

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.


No comments:

Post a Comment