Wednesday 24 July 2013

Adventures in Scotland Part 1 - Edinburgh

Part 1
View from inside the castle.
Scotland was the best memories of the UK for me.  I did SO MUCH while I was there, just SUCH an amazing place, but probably the main reason is I got some serious Sister time. I started the fun in Wales where I caught the train to London (my post about that here), where we had the floral high tea at One Aldwych Here.  Then flew to Edinburgh, full as two full chicks who'd just eaten a buttloada high tea.  
Peruse through my photos so I can give you the haps' before you go there yourself - seriously - Everyone should >:D
View from Arthurs Seat - Edinburgh.  You have to climb one mother of a hill to get this view.
There are no chairlifts, or roads, just a steep assed hill!
 
Brew Dog - Boutique Beer brewed in Edinburgh - on Cowgate
I had to take a picture of the board "Growlers" LMAO
The bar at The Dome - FLASH as f*ck bar/restaurant on George st.  I bought the first round and held my breath but it was really reasonable - so they look flash but they're not overpriced.
 OK - if you're EVER in Edinburgh you HAVE TO go to The Stand Comedy club.
The Stand Comedy Club - York St, HILARIOUS comedy, great food, cheap drinks - munted FUN
You sit right by the stage so it's intimate - book your tickets in advance!
After this a pub crawl ensued and many a drink were drunk.
Which brings me to said resulting hangovers cure: Full Scottish Breakfast 
(Scottish = English + haggis) Cafe Marina: Cockburn St (ko-bern, dirty peeps)
 chose the vegetarian haggis - was red kidney beans with spices- tasted like falafel #YUM
Dolly the Sheep - first successfully cloned sheep.
Made right here in Little old New Zealand (we like sheep here) Museum of Scotland
Sweet new houndstooth blazer from River Island.  Wutt wutt.
Weird street art - grow food... as opposed to processed food?  Dunno.
Angela (my siss) had to take a picture of the 7,000 quid whiskey!
Scotch Whisky Experience - most awesome whisky store ever - a must visit for scotch fans.
Siss and I's room - Randolph Guest rooms
Closing Shot - view from Arthur's seat.

These are just a tiny amount of the amazing pic's I got - I didn't wanna overwhelm you with awesome.
Have you guys ever been to Scotland?
I would actually go back and I seriously encourage you to try and get there in this lifetime! 

Next Wednesday - Scotland Part 2: Perth, Glasgow, St. Andrews.

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment